Wyoming has a rich history of moonshining. Our sparsely populated spaces and propensity for outlaw antics made our state an ideal place to produce illicit alcohol. While we of course are doing it legally, we are taking cues from the history that surrounds us to inform our production methods.
Our Original Moonshine is not simply our whiskey before it has been aged. In fact, it’s not a whiskey at all since it uses a historic recipe of corn and sugar as the mash. These ingredients were readily accessible around here during prohibition and the purchase of them was easy to explain as feed for livestock and supplies for a ranch. Our production methods reflect those that would have been used by skilled moonshiners to create a distilled product that was as refined as they could achieve on their equipment leaving it anything but neutral. Thus, our moonshine is clean and drinkable right out of the bottle, and also certainly not neutral.
- 50% ABV
- Made from Wyoming grown beet sugar and corn
- Inspired by Wyoming’s rich moonshining tradition
- Nose: sarsaparilla, old timey penny candies, marshmallow, pleasant 100 proof heat
- Taste: marshmallow cream, slight anise, and root beer, warms you up from the inside out
How To Drink It
- Substitute it in for tequila, vodka, or a white rum for a distinct twist on your cocktail
Key Selling Points
- Made from a historic Moonshine recipe
- 100 proof
- Very prominent flavor profile in cocktails
- 2015 Bronze – New York International Spirits Competition: Unaged Whiskey Category…pretty good for that category.
- 2016 Bronze – San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2016 Bronze – New York International Spirits Competition
- 2020 Silver – American Craft Spirits Association Packaging Competition